July 31, 2014 -
Dave’s Greatest Hits
If you’ve been into Spice Kitchen + Bar a time or two, you might have noticed something special about our signature cocktail menu. Sure, all the drinks are seasonally inspired. Yep, they’re all made from scratch with farmers’ market ingredients.
But what usually kicks off the conversation when people sit down with the drink menu? They love talking about the names.
With titles like, “A Rye Kind of Guy,” and “You’re Dill the One,” our cocktail menu can be quite a conversation piece.
Dave Hridel, or Captain Quick Wit as we like to call him, has unmatched naming prowess when it comes to his crafty farm-to-bar creations.
Stop on in and break the ice around “Gin It to Win It” or some other such thing. We promise you’ll start with a smile and leave with a laugh.
Here are our top ten favorite names so far.*
10. A Whole Lotta Rosie: Tequila, Citrus Trio, Aperol + Rosemary
9. Call Me Maple: OYO Honey Vanilla Vodka, Maple Syrup, Luxardo, Lemon + Muddled Griotte Cherries
8. Pressed to Impress: House-spiced Rum, Ohio Apple Cider, Ginger/Lemongrass Syrup + Lime
7. Try Walking a Chamomile in Your Shoes: Gin, Lemon, Chamomile Syrup + Ginger Beer.
6. The Smoked Prophet: Smoked Pineapple + Jalapeño Infused Tequila, IPA Syrup, Lemon + Carpano Bianco
5. Abra-Zacapa: Ron Zacapa Aged Rum, Carpano Antica Formula Vermouth, Creme de Yvette, Orange Bitters + Griotte Cherries
4. Melon-choly: House-spiced Rum, Cantaloupe Juice, Lime + Lemon Grass Ginger Honey Syrup
3. Cool Hand Cuke: Gin, Cucumber Juice, Lemon + Mint Syrup
2. All is Pear in Love + War: House-spiced Rum, Pear Puree, Ginger Liquor, Lemon + Cranberry Bitters
1. The Local Hero: Tom’s Foolery Applejack, Lemon, Berry Jam + Local Beer (DIY it with the help of Dave’s video on Cleveland.com)
*Editors note: These concoctions shift with the seasons and are not available year round. If you see something you like, be sure to ask Dave for a seasonal version you’ll love.